Chapter 11 - Documentation
Exercise 1: Looking up docs for a Ruby core class
Write a program to print the current date in the format below.
Use the Ruby core class
Time. Here’s the catch: we don’t cover the
Time class anywhere in the book. You’ll need to look up documentation on
- You’ll need to call a class method to get an object representing the current date and time.
- You’ll call instance methods on that object to get the day of week, month, day of month, and year.
- You’ll get the day of the week back as a number. You’ll need to build an array or hash that can help you convert it to a string.
- The month will also come back as a number. Build a hash to help you convert it to a string.
- Interpolate all these values into a string to get the correct format.
When you’re ready, have a look at our solution.